Now in full colour throughout!
Over 25,000 copies sold!
"This is about the best OSCE preparation book available." Doody's, summer 2016
Essential Examination has been comprehensively revised and new sections added:
- Neonatal - the 'baby check'
- Female genitalia
- Digital rectal examination
- GALS screening
- Foot and ankle
- Critically ill patient
- Confirming death
The new edition, now in full colour, retains the unique format and approach of the original.
- Clear, step-by-step guides to each examination, including useful things to say to the patient (or an examiner), detailed descriptions of special tests, etc.
- In a separate column is a collection of key information: potential findings, differential diagnoses of clinical signs and practical tips.
- On the following pages there are facts relating to that particular examination and, in many sections, there are also tips on how to present your findings succinctly - a skill which is crucial to master for exam success.
If you are learning how to examine patients, or preparing for an OSCE, then you need Essential Examination
||24.2 x 18 x 2 cm
||Alasdair K. B. Ruthven